***** Coming soon in 2019 *****
* Closing the bones – Postpartum ritual *
* Postnatal recovery massage *
* Crystal healing *
- Holistic massage draws techniques from many traditions, combining them with natural sensitivity to meet the needs of each individual as a whole.
- Physically, this can relax tight muscles and improve circulation, nervous function and joint mobility. This increases the body’s fluidity and can ease many short and long term ailments such as back pain, arthritis and insomnia.
- At an emotional level, massage can provide the caring, non-intrusive touch we have longed for. This soothes the busy mind, reduces stress and makes us feel loved again. At a deeper level, massage can release the personal history we have stored in our body tissues. This can lead to powerful changes in our energy and provide a vital alchemical ingredient in each person’s process of growth.
- For more information about Holistic Massage, please follow this link.
Deep Tissue Massage
- Deep Tissue Massage is a technique that focuses on the deeper layers of muscle tissue.
- It aims to release the chronic patterns of tension in the body through slow strokes and deep finger pressure on the contracted areas, either following or going across the fibres of the muscles, tendons and fascia. Also helps to break up and eliminate scar tissue.
- As a result, Deep Tissue Massage can help to relieve common symptoms including back pain, sciatica, respiratory problems, poor circulation, joint stiffness and general fatigue.
- Deep tissue massage usually focuses on more specific areas and may cause some local tenderness during or right after the massage, but if it’s done right the client should feel better than ever within a day or two.
- Aromatherapy uses the purest plant essence in the form of organic essential oils, which are extracts from various parts of plants, fruits, flowers, bark, roots, or resin.
- The scent of an essential oils acts like a messenger which has a short cut to the brain, where it affects the limbic system – a type of switchboard that controls blood pressure, hormone levels, breathing and the nervous system.
- When essential oils are smelled, inhaled or absorbed through the skin or any other body tissue, they directly stimulate the limbic system creating pathways to affect physical, emotional and mental changes.
- For further information about what Aromatherapy is, please follow this link.
Hot and Cold Stone Massage
- A hot / cold stones massage involves the use of smooth volcanic black basalt stones, collected from riverbeds
- The treatment starts with as a typical massage using oil; stones are then introduced in various combinations and patterns to specific areas of the body depending upon the needs of the client.
- The hot/cold combination stimulates blood flow (thermotherapy), the cold reduces inflammation and swelling (cryotherapy) and has an analgesic (pain-relieving effect. This form of bodywork can be used to alleviate chronic and acute muscular problems.
- For further information about what stone Massage is, please follow this link
- Pregnancy massage is performed exclusively from the second trimester and is very soothing and relaxing in style.
- It is performed with the client lying on her side to keep pressure off the vena cava, the large vein that carries deoxygenated blood to the heart. Supports and pillows are provided for comfort.
- It promotes relaxation by relieving stress on joints. It eases neck and back pain, helps you to keep good posture and relaxes and promotes flexibility to birthing muscles. It aids the circulatory and lymphatic systems, which keeps blood flowing to both the mother and the baby.
- It stimulates different glands in the body, which help to stabilise hormone levels, and relieves nervous tension throughout the body.
- An oncology massage session looks different for each person. Oncology massage is a client-specific, customised massage session designed to meet the unique and changing needs of someone in treatment for cancer or with a history of cancer treatment.
- A safe massage plan generally revolves around the side effects (both short- and long-term) of chemotherapy, radiation and surgery.
- Oncology massage can only be provided by a massage therapist who has received training in the specifics of cancer and cancer treatment. This training is more about cancer and less about massage.
- When you are receiving an oncology massage you are receiving traditional, established massage therapy techniques that have been adapted to account for your unique health situation.
Indian Head Massage
- Indian Head massage draws from the Ayurvedic system of healing and has been used in India for over 1,000 years.
- It has evolved further in the West. It is typically given as a seated treatment lasting 20 to 40 minutes. It includes massage to the upper back, neck, arms, head, scalp and face.
- Specific techniques aid deep relaxation, reduce stress and aim to restore physical and psychological balance.
- This is a wonderful therapy to use anywhere as it only needs an ordinary chair and no undressing. It is perfect for the workplace, festivals, residential homes etc.
- For further information about what Indian Head Massage, please follow this link.
- Reflexology is a method of gaining access to the body’s energy system. Where blockages and imbalances are found, pressure points on the feet can be stimulated to help bring the body back into balance and health, helping to reduce stress and to induce deep relaxation.
- Safe and effective Reflexology skills can help deal with some common ailments including:
- Sinus congestion
- Digestive conditions eg IBS, Colitis and Constipation
- Stress related conditions
- Conditions of the Urinary System
- For further information about what Reflexology is, please follow this link